The Granary was conceived as a redevelopment of an existing,
turn-of-the-century grain elevator and grain storage building. Erected in 1917, the existing structure features beautiful exposed heavy timber post-and-beam construction. The project intent was to provide a mixed use concept aligned with the City of Livingston's vision for the central business district. The design proposed commercial spaces along with multi-family residential units.